At Beacon View we recognise the importance of PE and how it contributes to the health and well being of our children.
In addition, the United Learning PE and Health curriculum aims to ensure that pupils in all of our schools:
- Succeed in acquiring the skills, knowledge and understanding sufficiently to achieve or exceed age-related expectations;
- Engage in the learning of transferable leadership skills and achieve an award or qualification for doing so;
- Develop their creativity, decision-making and problem-solving capacities;
- Know how to use physical activity to enhance their physical and mental well-being so that being active forms part of their life-long identity;
- Develop the confidence to perform under pressure;
- Increase their self-confidence and their ability to trust in others;
- Develop their empathy for others, for example their peers with disabilities or of different genders, ethnicity etc;
- Understand (and be given the chance to explore) issues relating to body image and body confidence at appropriate stages of their PE experience.
View our extra curricular Sports Clubs for the Spring term by following the link below:
Extra Curricular Sports Clubs Summer 2018