Ethos and Values
At Beacon View Primary Academy, we believe that our children deserve the very best education possible in order to be the best they can be.
We want Beacon View to be the school of choice for families in Paulsgrove and across Portsmouth.
Our ambitious curriculum is expertly delivered by adults throughout the school to support our children to achieve their full potential. Our children develop strong learning behaviours in a fully inclusive environment, where everyone demonstrates our school values of respect, responsibility and resilience.
Beacon View lights the way for our children to become anything they want to be, making a positive contribution to our community and beyond.
Our approach is underpinned by a sense of moral purpose and commitment to doing what is right for children and young people, supporting colleagues to achieve excellence and acting with integrity in all our dealings within and beyond the organisation, in the interests of young people everywhere.
We summarise this ethos as the best in everyone. This ethos underpins our core values:
- Ambition – to achieve the best for ourselves and others
- Confidence – to have the courage of our convictions and to take risks in the right cause
- Creativity – to imagine possibilities and make them real
- Respect – of ourselves and others in all that we do
- Enthusiasm – to seek opportunity, find what is good and pursue talents and interests
- Determination – to overcome obstacles and reach success
Our school values of Respect, Responsibility and Resilience permeate daily school life.