Children at Beacon View Primary Academy are engaged and inspired by our Spanish curriculum to develop a love of languages and their cultural understanding. We believe this increases their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement. At Beacon View, the study of languages prepares pupils to participate in a rapidly changing world. Our pupils will learn how to use language to enable them to access ideas and experiences from a wider range of people, communities and cultures. Learning and understanding another language, also increases a child’s understanding of their native language.
At Beacon View, through the high quality teaching of Spanish we see the following:
- Children who are able to communicate with each other in the classroom and around the school in Spanish
- Children who have an awareness of the structure and that structure of language and how this may differ from our own languages
- Children enhance their language development with learning about the culture of Spain alongside their language acquisition
- Children move into Key Stage 3 with an effective and secure basis of language on which to build
- Spanish is the primary language taught at Castle View Academy, so our children will have a head start
Children develop their language learning through five key skills:
We adapt our MFL curriculum from The Primary Languages Network. We do this in order for the children to have access to the very best resources and materials from native speakers. This allows them to hear and practice correct pronunciation of all the words and phrases they learn as they progress through school.
Click here to view our MFL Long-Term plan